In November 1935, a small congregation met for the first Service in the Capitol Theatre on the corner of Pinjarra Rd and Sutton Street.
Originally, the Minister lived in Pinjarra. An early parishioner, Mrs Nell Hancock recalls on occasions that “the hall had often been used the night before for dancing and so it would be decorated with streamers when we came in to use it”.
By 1940, the Methodist Conference decided to work towards a Church building in Mandurah. Mid 1941 was the time for the opening of the wooden building, which still stands on the corner of Gibson St and Sutton St and is now used as an art and activities centre.
Even with the addition of a back room for the kindergarten in 1952, this Methodist Church eventually became too small and a manse was needed in Mandurah.
This was a time of fundraising. First to pay off a manse and then to purchase the acre block on Pinjarra Road. The Ladies of the Guild were legendary with their jam making prowess which is immortalised in a stained glass window depicting the “stall” under the tree near the original wooden Church. Mandurah Uniting Church moved from the old Church to the current building at 156 Pinjarra Road in 1984.